When you or your loved one is in a motorcycle accident, it can be a terrifying experience. Motorcycles offer far less protection than motor vehicles, leading to a high risk of severe injury or death when there is a motorcycle crash. To make matters worse, motorcycles can be difficult to spot on the road because of their small size, so if drivers are being negligent, they may not see the motorcycle approaching.
If your motorcycle accident was caused by negligent or reckless driving, you and your loved ones could qualify to recover damages for the injuries sustained in the crash. A successful motorcycle accident lawsuit can get you compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, and more. But to have the greatest chance of success, you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer from a personal injury law firm dedicated to getting the results you need. You can find such a motorcycle accident lawyer at Benjamin Durham Law Firm in Las Vegas.
Our talented injury attorneys have a deep knowledge of Nevada law that helps us prove liability in motorcycle accident claims, getting victims the full compensation they deserve. We will dedicate our time, knowledge, and energy to investigating every detail in your case and listening compassionately to your needs throughout the legal proceedings. Pursuing compensation claims for motorcycle accidents can be tricky with all the legal minutiae involved. Don’t go it alone in getting the full damages you are owed for your injuries. Rely on our expertise and legal prowess by scheduling an appointment for a free consultation today at (702) 793-2326.
What Can I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you first must seek medical treatment to address any injuries that might not be readily visible. Many people think they haven’t been harmed in a motor vehicle accident, but they simply don’t notice the pain because of the adrenaline rush during the crash. It’s also possible to have internal injuries that require a medical examination by a professional. If your injuries aren’t addressed right away, you could have lasting, permanent damage, so call a doctor immediately after your motorcycle accident.
Once you have gotten treatment for the injuries sustained in the crash, your next task should be to seek out a trusted legal team to find out whether you should seek compensation in a motorcycle accident claim. Your motorcycle accident lawyer will go over the details of your case with you to determine liability for the crash and will help gather evidence to find you the maximum financial recovery you deserve.
Motorcycle accident lawyers can also help you interact with the insurance company, determining whether you should accept any settlements they offer. The truth is that many insurance companies offer a settlement that is far too low, hoping the motorcycle accident victims won’t realize the full extent of the damage. Following your accident, you shouldn’t sign or agree to anything without first speaking with a personal injury lawyer from Las Vegas, like those at Benjamin Durham Law Firm. Call us today to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in a free consultation.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Las Vegas?
Motorcycle accidents are an unfortunate part of Las Vegas life, causing severe injuries and wrongful deaths that can affect people’s lives permanently. Your motorcycle accident might have happened for a variety of reasons. Your lawyer can be a valuable asset when it comes to establishing fault in motorcycle accident claims. While accidents happen, drivers are responsible for acting safely and reasonably, protecting others from harm.
The following are some common causes of Las Vegas motorcycle accidents:
- Negligent driving, such as cell phone use while driving
- Reckless driving, such as speeding
- Violation of traffic laws, like running a red light or ignoring signage
- Failing to signal in a lane change
- Aggressive driving on the part of the motor vehicle operator or the motorcyclist.
- Driving while fatigued, particularly from the extreme Nevada heat
- Inclement weather such as rain or nighttime driving
- Reduced visibility because of the sun’s glare on the road
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Some motorcycle accidents occur because of external forces beyond anyone’s control; however, they often result from human error. If you believe your accident was caused because of someone else’s negligent or reckless driving, you could recover compensation. Contact our excellent legal team today for counsel on how to proceed with your legal action and recover damages for the injuries done to you and your family.
What Are Some Common Injuries that Occur in Motorcycle Accidents?
Because motorcycles offer far less protection for the rider than cars do for passenger vehicles, these accidents are often very serious and can even result in death. In motorcycle accidents where the victim survives, they may experience lifelong effects because of the crash.
Some common injuries that motorcycle accident victims experience are:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Head injuries can be catastrophic, causing life-altering damages that can stay with a person for years to come. These include concussions and more severe trauma to the brain. Results could be anywhere from memory loss to mood changes to permanent disability.
- Road rash – When motorcyclists fall from their bikes, they may get dragged across the ground, causing damage to the skin where it comes in contact with the road. These injuries can be excruciating and involve a risk of infection.
- Spinal cord and back injuries – With the strong impact of the rider on another car or the ground, spinal injuries are a common result of motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders who experience back injuries may have a long, painful recovery, including expensive surgeries. These injuries can take away from the victim’s enjoyment of life as everyday activities can be painful or even impossible. They may also find it difficult to return to work, leading to lost wages and reduced earning ability.
- Soft tissue injuries – Soft tissue injuries include damage to the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and internal organs. If organs are damaged in a motorcycle crash, this can be life-threatening. It is difficult to identify internal injuries, so anyone involved in a motorcycle accident should be examined by a medical professional right away. Muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries also require a lengthy recovery.
- Bone fractures – Broken bones are highly likely when a motorcycle rider is in a collision. These injuries are painful with a long recovery time, sometimes requiring surgery.
Whatever injuries you’ve sustained in a motorcycle accident, you could recover compensation if the crash occurred because of the other party’s negligence. For help proving liability for your crash and getting the full motorcycle accident compensation you deserve, you need motorcycle accident attorneys on your side who you can trust. Contact Benjamin Durham Law Firm today for a free consultation.
How Do You Prove Liability in Motorcycle Accidents?
When motorcycle accident victims seek compensation for damages, one of the most important aspects of the motorcycle accident case is proving who is liable for the crash. While other motorists may seem cooperative at the scene of the accident, they can quickly change into fierce legal opponents who try to avoid paying you the damages you deserve. This is why having an excellent legal strategy is so important. You can determine the best way to pursue your personal injury claim by speaking with a motorcycle accident lawyer like those at Benjamin Durham Law Firm. Our team of talented motorcycle accident attorneys has helped many clients recover damages by proving the other party acted in a reckless manner.
Some of the ways we can prove liability are:
- Surveillance footage of the accident
- Photographs were taken at the scene of the accident
- Eyewitness reports
- Police reports
- Using reconstructionists who recreate the accident using physical evidence of what happened
- Toxicology reports that could prove the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
You can help provide a strong case by gathering some of this evidence yourself when the crash happens. For example, taking photos of the accident and getting contact information from any eyewitnesses can be the key to proving who was at fault. You should also avoid sharing details online, as some of these statements can be used in a way that is detrimental to your motorcycle accident claim. Contact a trusted legal professional for detailed counsel based on your situation.
What Compensation Can I Get from My Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
If you were in an accident while riding a motorcycle that occurred because of another driver’s reckless behavior, you could qualify to receive compensation in a motorcycle accident lawsuit. Accident victims often find that the at-fault party’s insurance company offers a settlement reasonably quickly. However, we usually do not recommend that our clients sign anything or accept any payment until they’ve spoken with a motorcycle accident attorney like those at our law office. Often, these initial settlements are far less than what the accident claim is worth.
We can help you recover the total damages you deserve following your motorcycle accident, including:
- Past and future medical expenses, including hospitalization, medical treatments by a specialist, physical therapy, and more
- Past and future lost wages for missed time at work
- Reduced income-earning ability because of injuries caused in the accident
- Modifications to your home that are necessary because of your motorcycle accident injuries
- Emotional trauma, including PTSD, anxiety, and depression that resulted from the accident
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship for family members whose loved one died in the accident
Don’t walk away with less than you deserve for your motorcycle wreck. As an accident victim suffering because of someone else’s poor choices, you may be left with a heavy financial burden. You should have these expenses covered, leaving you with the time to rest and heal. Reach out to our experienced attorneys today for help getting started with your personal injury claim.
What is Nevada Law Regarding Motorcycles?
The State of Nevada has several laws regarding safety when it comes to riding motorcycles. For example, motorcyclists and their passengers must wear an approved motorcycle helmet, passengers must be seated properly, and they may not share a lane with any other vehicle except for one motorcycle as long as both riders consent. Also, driving a motorcycle while under the influence is a serious violation of Nevada law, just as it would be with motor vehicles.
Motorcyclists in Las Vegas must also be licensed with a Class M ranking to show they have the training necessary to operate a motorcycle. Class M licenses can be obtained at age 16 if the individual has either transferred to Nevada with a valid motorcycle license from another state or passes the required Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles tests.
Nevada law requires motorcyclists to operate their vehicles with a high degree of care to prevent injury to themselves or others while on Nevada roads. If your motorcycle accident occurred because of another driver’s disregard of the law or their duty of care to you, please contact us immediately for help getting the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Should You Hire Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
Finding the right motorcycle accident lawyer can be challenging, as there are many law firms to choose from in the Las Vegas area. This is an important decision as it could affect the results of your personal injury claim, including whether you will receive fair compensation for your motorcycle crash. The best motorcycle accident lawyers will communicate well with you, taking the time to listen to your concerns and explaining difficult legal concepts in a way that is easy to understand. This can help you be an active participant in the legal action following your motorcycle accident injuries.
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we recognize that motorcycle wreck victims and their families have unique needs in their personal injury claims. We promise to stand by your side throughout the legal proceedings, dedicating all our time and energy to getting the results you need. We will investigate the details of your case to build a strong claim that will provide compensation from the at-fault party. We can also help you gather evidence and documents showing the full amount your motorcycle accident claim is worth.
Don’t suffer alone any longer. Let us be your allies in your fight for justice following your motorcycle accident. Contact our experienced and knowledgeable motorcycle accident lawyers at (702) 793-2326 to schedule a free consultation today.