Experiencing a car accident or having a loved one go through a car crash can leave you feeling traumatized and worried about the future. Things get even worse when an accident is a head-on collision because of the dramatic effect the impact has on both vehicles. Sadly, head-on collisions are becoming more and more common in Las Vegas as drivers increasingly engage in distracted driving and driving under the influence. These types of reckless driving often end in head-on collisions as the driver mistakenly veers into oncoming traffic. The results are often tragic, with severe injuries and wrongful death.
If you or a loved one has been through a head-on car crash, you have our deepest sympathies. We fully understand that no amount of money from any lawsuit will turn back the clock and erase the damage from the accident. However, it is our belief at Benjamin Durham Law Firm that accident victims deserve to see justice served when another person made poor choices that led to severe injuries. The at-fault party should, at the very least, contribute to reimbursing you for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering that they have caused. Many families find that being compensated for the injuries brings a great deal of comfort during such a difficult time.
Please get in touch with Benjamin Durham Law Firm right away for a head-on collision lawyer who will work tirelessly to get the results you need in your head-on collision claim. We have helped countless clients recover damages for their injuries, and we can help you. Call today at (702) 793-2326 to schedule a free consultation with our car accident lawyers.
Why are Head-On Collisions So Serious?
Head-on collisions often have disastrous results, such as totaled cars and severe injuries to all parties. It is rare for someone to walk away from these incidents, and many people end up permanently disabled. It is a sad truth that many victims of head-on collisions lose their lives as a result of the accident.
Head-on collisions have such tragic consequences primarily from the impact both cars have as they are driving from opposite directions. This force is a great deal stronger than when you have a sideswipe, rear-end, or even T-bone accident.
Head-on collisions are a serious problem in Las Vegas, and local governments are trying to address this issue. Many streets have medians, rumble strips, and other warnings to alert drivers who may have unintentionally veered close to oncoming traffic. However, even these measures don’t wholly prevent head-on collisions in Vegas. If you or your loved ones are car accident victims, please first be sure that you are out of the flow of traffic and seek medical attention immediately. Once you are able, you should reach out to our head-on collision attorney for help recovering damages.
What are Common Causes of Head-On Collisions in Las Vegas?
It is understandable that accidents happen, as we are all human and may make mistakes. However, there are certain scenarios where a driver should have known better, paid more attention, or avoided driving recklessly. Knowing why head-on collisions happen can help prevent these tragedies from occurring in the future and answer who is at fault in your accident.
Some common causes for head-on collisions in Nevada are:
- Aggressive driving, such as speeding. Aggressive driving also includes racing to get to a traffic light, changing lanes suddenly, and other reckless driving practices.
- Driving under the influence. Driving while under the influence of drugs and alcohol is a serious violation of Nevada state law and a leading cause of head-on collisions. Those convicted of DUI must pay punitive damages and reimburse victims for medical bills and other expenses.
- Driver fatigue. Drowsy driving is another dangerous practice that could cause a head-on collision.
- Ignoring traffic signs. Failing to obey traffic signs is another cause of head-on collisions, as people could crash at intersections or if someone goes the wrong way down a one-way street.
- Adverse weather conditions. While Las Vegas isn’t exactly known for hazardous winter conditions, there are some dangerous aspects of driving in Sin City. Rainstorms do occur that could limit visibility and cause drivers to lose control of the vehicle. Driving at night and in extreme heat can also be dangerous.
Whatever the cause of your crash, you should seek legal counsel from trusted personal injury lawyers to see what damages you could collect. Contact Benjamin Durham Law Firm for compassionate attorneys to help you through the legal process.
What Injuries May Result from a Head-On Collision?
When cars collide from opposite directions, tremendous force is exerted on the vehicles and the people inside them. Victims of head-on collisions often experience terrible injuries that dramatically affect their lives. Many people involved in these crashes do not survive.
Some of the injuries commonly seen in head-on accidents are:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, are one common result of head-on car accidents. The victim’s head often lurches forward and then slams backward, causing the brain to suffer a repeated, strong impact against the skull. This damages both sides of the brain and can cause concussions, memory loss, mood disorders, permanent disability, and death.
- Neck and spine injuries – Injuries to the neck and spine are another common consequence of these car accidents. Victims may experience neck pain, severe headaches, shoulder pain, and even full or partial paralysis from broken bones in this part of the body. Recovery from such injuries can be lengthy and may require surgery.
- Disfigurement – Shattered glass and burning fuel are just some reasons why people become disfigured in severe accidents. Even though the wounds may heal, scars can leave victims with a disfigurement that detracts from their enjoyment of life.
- Broken bones – Bone fractures are another common injury seen in head-on car accidents. Victims may suffer from breaks in their wrists and arms from lifting their hands to protect their heads during the crash. Car drivers often have broken feet or legs from slamming on the brakes.
When you’ve been in a head-on collision, you deserve time to rest and recover from your injuries without taking on the burden of a lawsuit all by yourself. Please reach out to our compassionate and competent car accident lawyers, who will help build a strong case for you to get the maximum compensation you deserve.
How Can Personal Injury Lawyers Help Head-On Accident Victims?
Those who have been in a head-on collision deserve to see justice through a personal injury claim. However, this field of law can be quite complicated. Liability must be proven in order to ensure the right people are awarded the right amount of damages. This becomes even more complex in the state of Nevada with the shared fault system. This means that both drivers may share some of the faults, and only the driver with less than half of the liability for the accident may collect damages. A skilled car accident lawyer will be able to demonstrate, using strong evidence, that you were not responsible for the collision and that you deserve full compensation for your injuries.
Car accident attorneys can also help by counseling you on how to interact with the insurance company following your accident. Many insurance companies offer a settlement to accident victims right away, but the initial settlement is rarely enough to cover the expenses incurred in the accident. Insurance companies do this in the hopes that you’ll take the quick settlement and save them money in the long run. Your car accident lawyer will recognize any attempts to do this and can advise you on whether to take a settlement or not.
Finally, an experienced head-on collision attorney will help you gather documents and evidence of the expense, distress, and pain and suffering the accident has caused you. This can guarantee you’ll get the full compensation you are owed. Don’t delay; call Benjamin Durham Law Firm right away for attorneys who will stand by your side and use their knowledge to get the damages you need from your car accident claim.
What Compensation Can Victims of a Head-On Collision Get?
People involved in a head-on collision caused by another driver’s recklessness or negligence deserve help in paying the costs of the accident. They should also be reimbursed for the distress the incident caused them.
Head-on collision victims may be able to recover compensation for their injuries for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced income-earning ability
- Adjustments were made to their home because of a disability caused by the crash
- Physical therapy
- Ambulance charges
- Pain and suffering, both past and future
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship if their loved one died
If you or a loved one was harmed in a head-on car accident, please don’t feel that you have to suffer alone. Reach out to our talented legal team for help recovering the full damages you and your family deserve.
What Should Accident Victims Do Following a Head-On Collision?
There are a few very important steps to take if you have been injured in a head-on collision. First, you must be sure to seek medical treatment, even if you don’t think you have been seriously injured. The adrenaline from the crash often masks the pain and makes the victim believe they are fine. However, untreated injuries like TBI and internal damage to organs can be life-threatening.
If possible, you should get photos of the accident scene. Gathering contact information from eyewitnesses can also be helpful as evidence later during the lawsuit as well. You must also report the accident to law enforcement, as the police report can provide valuable insight into the cause of the crash.
Finally, once you are able, you should speak with trusted legal professionals to help fight for justice in your case.
Should You Hire Our Head-On Collisions Lawyers?
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we are deeply sorry that you or your loved one has gone through such a traumatic experience. We hope you will rely on our knowledge and expertise to seek maximum compensation for your injuries. No one deserves to suffer just because someone else made a careless mistake. We promise to dedicate our time and energy to getting you the full damages for your injuries.
Please get in touch with us right away to see how our caring and capable legal team can help you. Call (702) 793-2326 to schedule a free consultation and discuss your head-on collision claim with one of our talented personal injury lawyers today.