Las Vegas public transportation is a great way to get around our beautiful city, with its variety of routes and affordable rates. However, sometimes bus drivers may drive recklessly, causing dangerous collisions that lead to serious injuries to other drivers. Other times, motor vehicle drivers could make poor choices, leading to a crash with a bus. Charter buses and school buses could also be involved, leading to unfortunate scenarios with many injured victims.
If you or your loved ones are bus accident victims, you could recover compensation for your injuries. This could include reimbursement for past and future medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. Don’t rely on a settlement from the insurance company to pay the expensive bills that could arise from your bus accident injuries. Speak with a bus accident attorney like those at Benjamin Durham Law Firm right away to get legal counsel on pursuing the full compensation you deserve.
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we handle bus accident cases like yours. We’ve helped many clients recover compensation to help lighten the burden that comes with severe injuries. We can pursue payment whether the bus driver, bus company, or another reckless driver was at fault. We will listen carefully to your story and investigate all the details to be sure you get all the money you need for your expenses. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation at (702) 793-2326.
Why Do Bus Accidents Happen in Las Vegas?
Accidents involving buses are an unfortunate part of life in a big city like Las Vegas. However, if the accident occurred because of the bus driver’s negligence or because of the bus company’s failure to train the driver or maintain the vehicle properly, you could collect compensation for the injuries wrongfully done to you.
The following are some common reasons bus accidents happen in Vegas:
- The bus driver was not adequately trained
- The vehicle was not well-maintained by the bus company, including seats
- Individuals driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Bus driver fatigue
- Hazardous conditions such as rain or extreme heat
- Reckless driving of the bus driver or other motor vehicle operators
Even if you’re unsure what caused your bus accident, you should still speak with a bus accident lawyer to find out if you can recover damages for your injuries. At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, your initial consultation is always free, so you have nothing to lose by speaking with us. We will go over the details of your case and see whether it’s worth it to bring a bus accident claim to your case. If your injuries were due to another person’s reckless behavior or negligence, we will stand by your side in helping you seek justice.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Bus Accident Injuries?
The exact amount of money you’ll receive for your bus accident injuries is hard to estimate without speaking with you in person and analyzing your case. However, most people who bring a personal injury lawsuit for bus accidents in Nevada can recover economic and non-economic damages for their injuries.
Economic damages in a personal injury lawsuit involve items that can are documented. These are easily proven and tallied, including reimbursement for medical expenses, lost wages from missed time at work, physical therapy, and reduced income-earning ability.
Non-economic damages in a bus accident claim are more difficult because they do not relate to the exact amount you have paid. This would refer to things like pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of companionship if your loved one died in the accident. These items may be difficult to put a price tag on, but they should not be ignored in your bus accident lawsuit. Contact our law firm for a talented legal team who can get you the maximum compensation possible.
How Do You Prove Liability in a Bus Crash?
Of course, it is impossible to recover damages for your injuries without proving that another party was responsible for their negligence. In a bus crash, it is possible that the bus driver, bus company, or another reckless driver caused the accident that left you severely injured. The at-fault party should be held responsible for the damage they have caused, including helping pay for the bills you now face because of their recklessness.
Some ways Nevada bus accident lawyers prove liability to get their client’s compensation are:
- Studying photographs of the accident
- Obtaining police reports for evidence
- Speaking with eyewitnesses of the accident
- Hiring a reconstructionist to recreate the accident scene
Using this information, your bus accident attorney can show that the driver or bus company failed to provide the duty of care they owed to you and that this failure led to your severe injuries. The defendant, whether the bus driver, bus company, or another driver, is presumed innocent until we can prove that they were negligent in their duties. Using our experience and skill as your legal representative, we can show in your bus accident claim that your injuries were caused because the negligent party did not fulfill their duty to keep you reasonably safe. Contact our law firm today for an experienced bus accident lawyer whose deep understanding of Nevada law will get the results you need in your personal injury claim.
What Can I Do to Protect My Rights in a Bus Accident Claim?
One concern for many people involved in a bus accident is whether their rights will be protected during the legal process. Some people hesitate to move forward with a legal claim because they don’t feel they are the “sort of person” to sue someone else. Others worry that their privacy will be violated or that they don’t stand a chance against the bus company with their Las Vegas injury lawyers.
As your bus accident lawyer, please let us assure you that having our law firm on your side is the best move you can make if you’ve been injured in a bus accident. Your pain and suffering should be recognized, and the person at fault should answer for the negligence that led to your injuries. Furthermore, bringing a legal claim is not about seeking revenge or harming anyone else. It is merely making sure your burden is lightened by having help paying for bills and expenses that you would not have if it weren’t for someone else’s reckless behavior. You may even prevent future accidents by causing an irresponsible company or bus driver to be held accountable, changing their practices for the better.
Some ways you can protect your rights during your bus accident case are:
- Take photographs of the accident scene
- Call 911 right away if no one else has done so
- Don’t sign any agreements or accept any money from the bus company or insurance company until you’ve spoken with your bus accident lawyer
- Keep track of all expenses incurred because of your injuries
- Don’t share details about the accident on social media
- Get the name of the bus driver involved in the accident
- Get the contact information for any witnesses you can speak with at the scene of the accident
- Most importantly, speak with an experienced attorney right away
What Injuries Commonly Occur in a Bus Crash?
Because of the size and weight of a bus, whether it’s a school bus, charter bus, city bus, or tour bus, bus accidents often incur heavy damage to other vehicles and the people involved. The injuries incurred are often severe and could even be life-threatening. If you have been in an accident with a bus, please seek medical treatment immediately to avoid permanent damage that can affect your life for years to come. A medical professional can determine whether you have serious internal injuries that could go unnoticed.
Some common bus accident injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Head injuries are some of the most serious consequences of accidents involving large vehicles like buses. Damage to the brain can permanently impact your life and is hard to diagnose. Some results include concussions, memory loss, disability, and depression.
- Broken bones – Bone sprains and fractures are common in bus accidents and can involve a long, painful recovery. Accident victims with broken bones might even need expensive surgery for the bone to heal properly.
- Soft tissue injuries – These injuries include damage to muscles, ligaments, and internal organs. While muscle sprains may not seem serious, they can be very painful and restrict your movement, reducing your ability to work and enjoy life. Internal injuries are almost always very serious and could be life-threatening if not treated immediately.
- Back injuries – Pinched nerves, herniated discs, and broken bones in the spine can all be excruciating and require a long recovery. Back and spinal cord injuries often require surgery as well.
If you have severe injuries from a bus accident, please don’t feel that you have to suffer alone. Your suffering could go beyond the physical pain that the damage has caused. You may feel emotional distress from the incident, including depression and anxiety, that could last for years and require therapy and medication to overcome. Please rely on our expertise and let our compassionate legal team work with you to recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Should You Hire Our Bus Accident Attorneys?
When you or a loved one has been in a bus accident, this can be a terrifying and difficult time for the whole family. You may wonder what the future will hold and how you will pay for your medical expenses. You may even have to rethink how you’ll earn income if your ability to do your job has diminished because of your injuries.
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we understand that victims of bus accidents have unique needs. We believe that all victims of another person’s negligence deserve to see justice served. Bus drivers and bus companies have an obligation to do their duty, so you are kept reasonably safe on the road. If they have behaved recklessly, they should help carry the burden their carelessness has placed on your shoulders.
Our bus accident lawyers have helped many clients recover damages from car accidents involving buses, and we can help you too. Our knowledge of Nevada law gives us the edge you need to get a positive outcome from your bus accident case. Please give us a call to set up an appointment for a free consultation today at (702) 793-2326.