Were you charged with assault in Las Vegas? Your future is too important to leave to chance. At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, our experienced assault lawyers are here to fight for you. We understand the ins and outs of Nevada’s legal system and will craft a strategic defense tailored to your case.
From self-defense claims to challenging evidence, we leave no stone unturned. Our priority is your rights, your freedom, and your future. With a track record of success, we’re your advocates in the courtroom. Don’t navigate this journey alone.
Contact our Las Vegas assault lawyers today for a fierce and unwavering defense.
Penalties for Assault Charges in Las Vegas
In Vegas, assault charges are defined as “unlawfully attempting to use physical force against another person or intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of immediate bodily harm.
Assault can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony based on the circumstances of the case. For example:
- Simple Assault, or assault that occurs without the use of a deadly weapon, is considered a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and/or a fine of $1000
- Assault against a police officer or other protected person without the use of a deadly weapon is considered a gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to 364 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $2,000
- Assault that occurred while you were in custody, on parole, or on probation is a Category D felony, punishable by 1-4 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000.
- Assault with a deadly weapon is a Category B felony, punishable by 1-6 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000.
The more aggravating factors surrounding your case, the higher the penalties you may face. These aren’t charges you should take on alone. Our assault attorneys at Durham Law Firm are here to help you build a strategy to fight back, defending your rights and freedom.
What is the Difference Between Assault and Battery?
Though assault and battery are often roped into the same category, they are separate crimes in Nevada. Unlike assault, which only involves the threat of violence or force, battery is defined as “any willful and unlawful use of force or violence upon the person of another.”
Essentially, assault charges can become battery once physical contact is made. Because of this, the penalties for battery charges are typically more severe than assault. But no matter the charges you’re facing—battery or assault—working with an experienced criminal defense attorney can assess your case to determine the best path forward.
Defending Against Assault and Battery Charges
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we’re not your average criminal defense law firm. If you’re in Las Vegas and find yourself in need of an assault lawyer, we’re here to help. We are relentless in our pursuit of justice, taking every measure to ensure your rights are protected.
You can trust us to provide a robust defense, using our extensive knowledge and experience to your advantage. We’re not just your lawyers; we’re your protectors, committed to giving you the best possible outcome.
Some common legal defenses in assault cases include:
- Self-Defense or Defense of Others: This defense argues that the defendant acted out of necessity to protect themselves or someone else from imminent harm. To prove self-defense, it must be demonstrated that the force used was reasonable and proportional to the threat perceived.
- Lack of Intent: Assault and battery charges often require proof of intent to cause harm. If the defendant can show that they did not have the intention to cause harm or that the harm was accidental, it could weaken the prosecution’s case.
- False Accusations: If the defense can present evidence that the alleged victim made false accusations due to personal motives, bias, or ulterior motives, it can cast doubt on the credibility of the accusations.
Being charged with assault is an intimidating experience, but being charged doesn’t mean you’re guilty. With knowledge honed over years of practice and countless courtroom battles, we’re well-equipped to craft compelling defenses tailored specifically for each client’s circumstances. While each case may be unique, one thing remains constant: our unwavering commitment to fight for justice on your behalf.
Why Hire Our Las Vegas Assault Lawyers
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we’re committed to providing you with a personalized experience where you get the attention you deserve. As your assault lawyers in Las Vegas, we understand the importance of direct communication – that’s why when you choose us, you’ll actually talk with the attorney working on your case.
We pride ourselves on our core values: being relentless in defending your rights, protective over your interests, and, above all else, trustworthy. With us by your side, you can feel confident knowing that we’re dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for you.
Get Relentless Defense Against Assault Charges in Las Vegas
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we believe that everyone deserves to have their voice heard and their rights protected. In a city like Las Vegas, it’s easy to feel like just another case number – but not with us.
Don’t let the criminal justice system keep you from exercising your right to a powerful defense. Contact our assault attorneys today for a consultation.