Is Nevada a No-Fault State?

No, Nevada is not a no-fault state regarding liability for car accidents. While in a no-fault state, each driver must pay for their damages through their own insurance coverage, Nevada law requires the at-fault driver to pay for damages through their insurance. If the accident victim wishes to recover more than property damage from the accident in Nevada, they must file a personal injury claim against the negligent party.

If you have serious injuries from an accident with a driver who was behaving recklessly, you should consult with a trusted legal professional like those at our law firm. We can help you decide whether to pursue compensation through a lawsuit and get you the maximum damages you are owed.

How Do You Seek Compensation Following an Accident in Nevada?

After a car accident in Nevada, an at-fault system is used to pay for the damages incurred because of the car crash. This means that the driver responsible for the auto accident must cover the damages, usually through their insurance. People who wish to pursue compensation for more than just repairs to their car should use the services of a lawyer to bring a claim against the at-fault driver.

A car accident claim can recover much more than just property damage, including:

  • Past and future medical expenses
  • Past and future pain and suffering
  • Past and future emotional distress
  • Past and future lost income, including salaries, wages, bonuses, and vacation time

What is Comparative Liability?

Comparative liability, also known as comparative negligence, is when both parties share responsibility for the accident. This can influence the amount of damages you collect according to the percentage of liability the court assigns you. For example, if you were rear-ended because of a distracted driver but one of your taillights was also broken, you may be assigned 20% liability in this case. If you were awarded $1,000 in damages, you would only collect $800 because the other driver was only 80% liable.

Comparative negligence is one reason it is imperative to hire talented car accident lawyers to ensure you get the most possible damages from your car accident claim.

Should You Hire Our Car Accident Attorneys?

Car accident lawyers can be an excellent ally as you take action to recover compensation for your injuries following a car accident. Your lawyers can help gather evidence that proves that you were not responsible for the accident, helping you get the maximum compensation you deserve. They can also provide proof that the injuries have a large impact on your life, showing that you deserve compensation for emotional distress, physical injuries, time lost at work, and more.

Our compassionate and capable legal team has over twenty years of experience helping clients like you get full compensation for their injuries. We understand the law and can identify ways you have suffered because of the other driver’s negligence. Please contact us right away for an appointment where we can go over the details of your accident and see how our talented personal injury lawyers can help you. Call now at (702) 793-2326.

Author Bio

Benjamin Durham is the principal attorney and founder of Benjamin Durham Law Firm, a criminal defense law firm based in Las Vegas, NV. With over 20 years of experience in the legal field, he represents clients in both injury and criminal cases. Over his career, he has secured favorable verdicts for clients in both state and federal courts and successfully defended numerous high-profile prosecutions.

Ben’s exceptional legal skills and dedication to his clients have earned him recognition as a life member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He also has been honored as one of the Top 100 trial lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association, further solidifying his reputation as a top-notch legal practitioner.

LinkedIn | State Bar Association | Avvo | Google