West Jordan Truck Accidents Lawyers Helping Clients Get Full and Fair Compensation
While any car accident can lead to severe injuries, accidents involving semi-trucks are particularly devastating because of the size and weight of the truck. These large vehicles are difficult to control in an accident because their mass makes them harder to stop and turn out of the way of another vehicle. Truck accident victims often suffer catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, internal damage, and even death. If you have been involved in a car accident with a large truck, you should first and foremost seek medical attention. Many people think they’re not injured at first, but the symptoms are merely masked by the adrenaline rush they felt from the collision. Delaying medical treatment can lead to permanent injury, so seek a doctor right away.
Once you are well enough to do so, you should consider bringing a personal injury claim for the damages. You may face huge medical bills and lasting pain, and suffering from truck accident injuries. You deserve financial assistance in covering these charges, especially if your injuries prevent you from working.
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we believe that all accident victims who are suffering because of someone else’s negligence deserve to see justice served. In the case of truck accidents, it can be intimidating to go up against trucking companies with their experienced lawyers. However, our car accident lawyers are prepared to fight for you in all of your legal needs to hold these companies accountable. Contact us today for a free consultation at (385) 342-4300.
What Are Some Common Causes of Truck Accidents in West Jordan?
Finding out who caused the accident is vital to winning your truck accident claim. As your personal injury lawyers, we will investigate every detail of your crash to show how the other party was negligent in their duties of operating the truck in a safe manner. We will utilize all the resources necessary, such as police reports, surveillance footage, eyewitnesses, and truck black box data, to show that you were not responsible for the crash.
Some reasons truck accidents occur in West Jordan are:
- Driver fatigue – Even though national laws prevent truck drivers from operating their vehicles for too many hours straight, the truck driving job is still strenuous and can cause fatigue that leads to an accident.
- Inadequate driver training – Trucking companies should give their drivers enough training to help them drive safely. Failure to do so can lead to devastating accidents.
- Improperly balanced cargo – Loading the truck is important to keeping everyone safe on the road. If items are not properly balanced, the truck driver will have a much harder time keeping their vehicle under control.
- Poorly maintained vehicles – If a trucking company fails to maintain their vehicles, these trucks could cause severe accidents to occur on the road.
- Truck drivers not obeying traffic laws – Drivers who act aggressively behind the wheel, such as speeding, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or not yielding the right of way, are another leading cause of accidents.
Contact us right away if you believe your accident was caused by the negligence of the truck driver or truck driving company. We can help prove liability to get the most compensation possible for your personal injury claims.
What Injuries are Common in Truck Accidents?
With the massive size and weight of semi-trucks, it is no surprise that many truck accident cases involve serious injuries to the victims. Many of these cases result in wrongful death. Such devastating loss can be traumatic to a family and may result in high medical bills, funeral costs, lost time at work, reduced earning income, and more. Severe emotional distress and loss of companionship are other results of car accidents involving trucks.
Some common truck accident injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – Injuries to the brain, such as concussions, can be very serious and even life-threatening. This damage can last for years in the form of learning disabilities and mood disorders.
- Spinal cord injuries – Back and spinal cord injuries may result in paralysis that prevents a person from working and enjoying life. These injuries can require a painful recovery involving expensive surgeries.
- Broken bones – Bone fractures can also be excruciating and require long, painful recoveries.
- Burns – Many semi-trucks carry flammable materials that can ignite and cause severe burns on accident victims. Other times, the car’s engine can catch fire, leading to burns that disfigure and scar a person for life.
- Disfigurement – Disfigurement is an emotionally painful injury that stays with a person long after the physical wounds have healed.
For help recovering the full damages for your serious injury, contact our talented legal team right away for a car accident lawyer who can help.
How Much Will I Be Compensated in My Truck Accident Claim?
Trucking companies should be held responsible when their negligence has caused severe damage to accident victims. Unfortunately, it is common for these companies to send out their lawyers and insurance representatives to offer a small settlement, hoping to satisfy the victims of the crash before they can bring a larger claim. If the unsuspecting accident victim doesn’t realize what their claim is worth, they could potentially lose large amounts of money that could cover damages done in the accident. If you have been in a truck accident, you should always speak with a trusted truck accident attorney before signing anything or accepting any money from the insurance company.
Some of the damages you can claim following a truck accident are:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost income-earning ability
- Loss of consortium if your spouse was injured or killed
- Emotional injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
For help getting the full compensation you deserve, reach out to our personal injury lawyer today.
Should You Hire Our Truck Accident Lawyers?
Going up against the truck company with their professional lawyers can be intimidating. That is why you need talented and experienced car accident lawyers on your team. We can help investigate the causes of the crash to prove that you were not responsible for the accident. We will also work with you to gather evidence of the damages done to you in the truck accident.
At Benjamin Durham Law Firm, we understand that this is an incredibly challenging time for you and your family. We promise to diligently pursue the maximum settlement for you and your loved ones so you won’t have to shoulder the heavy financial burden following your truck accident. Our personal injury lawyers will handle the technical legal items so you can focus on resting and recovering. Contact us today for a free consultation at (385) 342-4300.